Wednesday, February 06, 2008

666 - Number of the Beast

One person asked me why six [6] is my favorite number. I answered six [6] and nine [9], my 2nd fave. Six has always been lucky for me, and Nine brings magic.

Here's a picture of me wearing the silver necklace with a 69 pendant given to me by my friend last Christmas 2007. It's kinda blurry, but take a closer look. Lol.



I'm not a very religious person, I'm not well-versed, but let me share this with you guys, from the Book of revelation: 13:18.

The orginal greek reads:
" ωδέ η σοφία εστίν; ο έχων νουν ψηφισάτω τον αριθμόν του θηρίου; αριθμός γαρ ανθρώπου εστί; και ο αριθμός αυτού χξς'. "

The
King James translates:
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The number 666 appears several times in the Old Testament, including in 1 Kings 10:14-22 as the number of talents of gold received by King Solomon in one year. "Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold".

According to the Bible, Solomon fell into apostasy and built altars to Chemosh, Moloch, and Ashtoreth, pagan gods to whom human sacrifices were made.

So i think, that over the years, the number 666 were frantically demonized by religious people. Oh by the way, the fear of the number 666 is called
hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia.

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - tongue twister. Hahaha.

I hope I get lucky today, since it's the 6th of February. :)

Happy 2/6 everyone!

3 comments:

  1. marie poolah...pareho ta favorite number, but after six, my second favorite is 8...hehehe!!! we've got lots of things in common girlfiend!!!
    have a happy ash wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe gani man.. lots lots of things in common gid. Ay, Ash Wednesday na gali nuh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey marie, i love the new header! you're going to have to expand template widget and take out the "blog title" if you want to get rid of "arbitrary thoughts" at the top.

    ReplyDelete