Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Jogging and Staying Healthy


As much as I want to go go to the gym, I'd rather go jogging. I guess that's twice better than going to the gym. Besides, the gym is too far from where we live, so it's kind of a hassle especially when commuting -- this place has no taxi. So I have to always take the jeepney.

I have started running in January and it felt so good ever since. I do jog at the Tierra Santa - a cemetery/memorial park here in Mabalacat, Pampanga. The place is big and perfect for jogging and walking. In fact, many people go there for a morning and afternoon jog and walk.

(Instagram Photos below are from January. I don't bring my cam/mobile phone anymore when I jog)



(I have socks, it's brown Puma socks, just in case you'd say I don't wear socks. :P)

In my case, I run in the morning.. some days I'd jog for 30 mins, sometimes 45 minutes. I always have my iPod and Nike+ with me to to pump up my mood and to track my walking and running distance, pace and calories burned everyday. Then I do sync my workout to Nike+ website.

(first day run record)

If I couldn't wake up early in the morning and jog, I'd do 100 jumping jacks or jumping rope at home. :)

What motivated me to jog? Well, I couldn't fit in some of my clothes and pants. So I promised myself that by January 2013, I would start exercising/jogging. My goal is to better my health and just lose some weight.

When Hec and I went home for the New Year 2012, I packed some of my clothes in Iloilo and brought my two Nike runner shoes with me.

With regards to my eating habit.. I still do eat 2-3 times a day, but as much as possible I avoid white foods, some sweets and sodas. I'm still fat but I only eat rice once in a week and lots of fruits. So I'm taking one step at a time... and I'll get there. :)


Aside from the fact that jogging is an excellent way to burn fat and improves ones overall health, jogging can also add year to your life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment