Sunday, March 23, 2008

Holy Week Observance

So how did you spend your Holy Week? I spent it with my family and relatives, I was planning of going somewhere else to spend the Holy Week but my Mom wouldn't let me. Because each year, we culminate with the solemn observance of Christian rituals..and pagan rituals as well. It's a nationwide observance that is really both moving and touching. She told me i should celebrate it with them with total solemnity, and not to have fun. he he he.

So... from Monday to Good Friday...it is always packed with ceremonies and traditions. And many people still practice not eating any pork/chicken/beef during the Lenten Season. And I am one of them.

Every year, we observe the Holy Week with my family at our old house, and during Holy Thursday and Good Friday, we would join the procession with our own statue of St. Veronica. I haven't uploaded the pictures yet, but I will have it posted here.

I have to say Happy Easter or what's left of it that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment