Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Max's Restaurant: Bad Service

I am so tired today. I wanted to take an early rest right after work but I could not because I had to go to NLRC and took care of some stuffs that needed to be done today. After which, I met up with Hec and was supposed to have lunch at Max's Restaurant (SM Delgado, Iloilo).

By the time we arrived, only a few tables were occupied.. so that means it was not crowded/full packed yet. So we ordered one Budget Meal and one Chicken Barbeque Combo Meal, and the waiter informed us that it would take 15 minutes for our order to be served. So we were ok with that. A few minutes later, our iced tea and Pepsi was served. Ok, so that's fast, since they already have prepared for that. A few more minutes later, I noticed that we have been waiting for almost 40 minutes and our order was not yet served. At that point, I started to get disappointed for the long wait. I was about to stand up and ask for a follow up with one of the waiters but Hec stopped me, and told me to wait a few minutes more. And at that, Hec already got an iced tea refilled for the 3rd time. I knew he was pissed, so I suggested that we should leave the resto.

We called up one waiter and informed him that we are canceling our orders. But he insisted that they are about to serve them. But no, we could not wait for a single moment.. and how could we eat better and appreciate the food when we are both pissed off and disappointed with the service? What really got into my nerves was that some customers who came in 25 or 30 minutes after us were served within 10-15 minutes by the time they have ordered their meals.

And so, we left our table. I approached the cashier just to ask if the manager was available. She called him up and we talked to him. We told him that we were disappointed for the long wait, and to let him know that they have a bad service! I also told him not to set a customer's expectation about their orders to be served. They could have at least let one of their crews inform their customers that there might be a delay or whatever reason. Yet, they failed to do that.

The manager apologized and told us he was actually the one preparing the
Chicken Barbeque Combo Meal. Whatever is the reason for the delay, I don't really care, and i wouldn't want to know. Maybe they could not meet the huge demand for their combo meals, since it was lunch time. We just wanted to leave the place. Ugh. Bad service, really. It should be a "first come, first serve" basis! Well.. the manager, he asked for my name and my contact number. I don't know why. maybe to compensate for the inconvenience? Hmm.

There should be a re-training for the crews and for the manager as well. Because a manager can be at fault for the bad service. They should improve their service to serve customers better - paying customers, that is. Hmm.. I could have asked someone from the upper management.

On a positive note, Max's has good foods, and I like their chicken most. The resto is still a great place for dining at a reasonable price. I might still be dining in at Max's, however, what we had experienced left a negative note on our end.

As a blogger, I am just being honest with my experience and reviews. If I like something, I write good positive stuff about it with great excitement. And if I don't like something, I write bad stuffs about it.


You might want to read Hectril's blog. He also has a little something to share. :)

6 comments:

  1. You talk a lot girl! the management can use this post against you! You complained a lot. you should understand that you are not the only customer by that time! you rant too much girl! does that make you proud to what you have done by complaining? did you accomplish anything for doing that? be happy for what is there girl! thats stupidity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Author I'm glad that you didn't go to an extent of asking why those other customers who arrived late have their food brought up to them in a couple of minutes while you have to wait for almost an hour for your food.

    @ anonymous,

    Guess your the one ranting cause all you did was point out about the customers did you notice there was this sentence "so that means it was not crowded/full packed yet"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you talking about? hahaha! i actually don't get your point. I dont even get the jist of what you're saying.

    Anyway, as a customer, I should be very upset with the service. I had to complain to get the issue rectified. And besides, I am the customer, who was very upset that my expectations were not met.

    “Frustration happens when there is a gap between expectations and reality.” - David Ralph

    So don't rant. Because you were never there when that incident happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @concern customer.. I'm glad I didn't ask. Because I may not like what the Manager would have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. marie, natawa ako sa first commenter. he or she rants because it seems she is guilty. hahaha

    really magabal na service sa resto sucks!

    ive tried it, i left without waiting for the order which i knew they have done it done already. it will serve them a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this will serve as lesson to them. :)
    Thanks for dropping by on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete