Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Movies That Touched Me in One Way or the Other

I have seen two films today which have really touched me in one way or the other. It's been a while since that happened (I think Science of Sleep was the last).

The first was Yes Man. It was, really, just my type of film. Sweet, funny, subtle in places, positive and real. It didn't exactly make me want to go out and say Yes to everything (well, okay, for about an hour afterwards I was tempted). But it did make me think about being more positive and open to things. I am generally happy and optimistic person, but I do have my moments and I do, admittedly, get pretty hung up on things. I don't think a Jim Carey film taught me anything about being less highly strung, but it did add another nudge at my already occurring thought that I need to chill out sometimes.


The second film was Dan in Real Life. Again, an incredibly sweet film. I thought it was really cleverly put together, with great choreography of a huge cast (often 15 or so characters in one scene). The humour was subtle and realistic. Often you were laughing because you knew someone just like that (or you were just like that), rather than because something was outwardly funny. I really, really liked it.

Dan In Real Life also had an amazing soundtrack and encouraged me to revisit some of the music I haven't listened to for a long time.

So, two films I would highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment