Monday, June 01, 2009

Confused With the New Curriculum

What a hectic day. I spent the day in school, getting my subjects completely appraised today because I was not able to get it all done last week. I missed Mr. Junio in his office on Friday, the student intern informed me that he went home early that day. So, I had to go back today.

I went to school at 9 AM and directly approached Mr. Junio, the Academic Coordinator, to ask if I can get subject replacements for the new curriculum. The last attendance I had in college was in 2002, and the University has changed the curriculum in 2004. Since they were granted the autonomous status, they can change the curriculum any year they want. I took Bachelor of Science in Commerce, Major in Marketing. The University no longer offers that course since 2004. They have changed it to College of Business Administration and Accountancy. I thought I will be having problems with my remaining subjects, and afraid that I won't be able to take them. Mr. Junio, who was very helpful, assisted me with my concern and advised me of what to do with my course. He was actually the one who made a letter for me, as a request for replacement of old courses with new ones; and to be signed by me, him, the Dean and the Registrar.

Here are the course replacements:

Old Course(s)

Mgmt 103, Industrial Management
Mktg 102, Marketing Management
Mktg 108, Price, Policy & Practice
Taxa 101, Income Taxation
Mktg 107, Marketing Plan
Mktg 111, International Marketing
Busi 102, Mgmt of Small Business
Econ 104, Econ Dev of the Phil/LR
Mktg 112, Business Practicum

New Course(s)

MM 312, Product Management
BA 414, Marketing Management
MM 323, Services Marketing
Taxa 312,Income Taxation
Mktg 414, International Marketing
BA 417, Entrepreneurial Management
BA 416, Quality & Logistics Mgmt
Mktg 423, Mktg Practicum I
Mktg 424, Mktg II


Actually, some of the subjects from the old curriculum has the same descriptive title with the new curriculum. So, for the first semester, I will enroll seven (7) subjects and the two (2) remaining subjects (including practicum) will be on second semester. I will have to go back to school tomorrow for the enrolment, and hopefully the slots for the remaining subjects are still available.

I will update you again tomorrow once I'm done with everything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment