Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Michael Jackson (1958-2009)

I watched Michael Jackson's memorial at msnbc.this morning before going to school. I cried through the whole thing.. it was really beautiful. And when my mother arrived from work, she asked me to look for the replay because she missed it this morning. My father also watched the memorial replay.. my mom was in tears too. LOL!


(screenshot I took from msnbc.com)

The songs that they sang were perfect. When his brothers' spoke and began to cry or got choked up...it really got to me. It was immense when his daughter spoke in the end. Their speeches were all made by good points.. and telling personal stories about him was awesome. Somehow, we all got to know a bit more about who Michael really was.

Knowing the bad moments he went through is what gets me the most. Like, he didn't want to look like or be like his father, and how he just transformed himself from him. He was all in an emotional state when he had the accident, the physical agony he was going through...the criticism and accusations. He gave and gave and never expected anything back. Music has an healing effect to him.. that's was how he understood it... and he wanted to heal the world through that. He actually put his money in good use..he have so much of it. Giving it to charity and even built a Neverland Ranch where everything was free. Where kids can feel like they are kids.

He was deprived of that. Michael tried to give all he got, to make a difference in every way he could. He gave up a lot when he was a kid. His brother said that he tried to enjoy what we all take for granted - which is true. Means that, we can just walk freely down the street without worrying to get mobbed by fans, cameras and huge crowds. We can just simply to go malls hang out without being bothered. I'm sure that Michael was happy when he shared what he had, and especially to see that everything he did made a difference. It is just sad to know what he had to go through. But I'm glad he had loyal fans and support and in his memorial, many people went to show him that he did make a difference.

There is a part about the memorial that I liked when the family adviser said, "Your Daddy wasn't strange, it was strange what your Daddy had to deal with". THAT was perfectly said.

Michael is a legend. His music, performance and humanitarian actions are what make him the unique, loving and generous person everyone will miss. I wish some people can do good deeds too. We don't need to know how to sing and dance but we can all help each other just the way he did. Our world will indeed be a better place is we can share what we have with those in need. Michale tried to make the world a better place by being humble. BUT, as much as he wanted to enjoy life.. he was not able to. He just simply wanted to be a kid, have fun and laugh and just be normal. How I wish I met him to thank him personally for all the great music and things he had done. When I was a 8 years old my father bought me and my sister the "Bad" album, when he found out that we were listening to the "Thriller" album (my father's collection in vinyl). Then our interest grew with Michael. We also have watched the Moonwalker, and mimicked the moonwalk, but until know I still couldn't perfect it.


(screenshot I took from msnbc.com)

I just hope Michael is remembered for the life he lived and mostly for the person he was. I truly admire his humble character. I hope he can see all this and hear the people's voices during these moments. So he can see that he was loved by the world through the messages he brought and the examples he set.

Watch the replay:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/31782901#31782901

No comments:

Post a Comment