Friday, August 07, 2009

Confessions of a Procrastinator

I hate this cycle when it comes to school projects or research. At first, I would come up with the idea.. then I feel excited, good to go. I do some initial work at it, then I realize that it is not due in for a long time that I will have to wait a while. And then, it gets to about 2 weeks before the deadline and I start working on it. I do not feel a huge pressure, but rather gradually work on it. and then about a week before I start the panic phase. The beginning of the panic phase results me not doing all that much at all. "There's no way I can do this!", I often say that to myself. The crying, the stressing, sitting and facing the computer, eating my own weight in carbs and some junks, wishing I could anything other than my projects and research paper.

The productive panic sets in. The panic where I find my motivation again. It must be around the corner now.

It has been a month now until one of my research is due in and I will really crack on the weekend, til next week. One month seems a long time, 2 weeks seems like nothing. I feel a little chest pain thinking about it. Ugh.

I have felt this before. It has been a long time since I stopped school, and now that I'm back, I feel really exhausted. I feel like I'm in the panic stage.

BOO!

1 comment:

  1. well im an 11th hour doer, too. i always am a crammer. pero in fairness sis ang galing mo naman eh kaya mo yan.

    ReplyDelete