Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Movie: The Healing 2012

My friends and I watched The Healing on Saturday. 



It's a Filipino horror suspense film by Star Cinema directed by Chito S. Roño, starring Vilma Santos and Kim Chiu.  This film also marks Vilma's 50th anniversary in showbiz. Other casts include:
  • Kim Chiu (Cookie) 
  • Janice de Belen (Cita)
  •  Pokwang (Alma)
  • Robert Arevalo (Odong)
  • Martin del Rosario (Jed)
  • Mark Gil ( Val)
  • Carmi Martin
  • Cris Villanueva (Ding)
  • Allan Paule (Ruben)
  • Ces Quesada (Chona)
  • Ynez Veneracion (Greta)
  • Abby Bautista (Kakay)
  • Daria Ramirez (Manang Elsa)
  • Chinggoy Alonzo
  • Simon Ibarra (Rex)
  • Mon Confiado, 
  • Joel Torre (Dario), 
  • Jhong Hilario
  • Ana Capri 
  • Ina Feleo
  • Mercedes Cabral
  • Marc Ryan Calimba (Vindy) 
  • Alexander Boladola ( Atonesh Teves)

I should say that so far, the movie is one of the best Pinoy horror films I've seen for a long time. I love watching horror and scary movies, BUT I also get nightmares or sleepless nights after watching. However, The Healing is not that scary at all... at least for me. There's also a little humor in this film, which kind of help to divert your attention from being scared. 

What puzzled me all throughout the film is the color coding of the clothes of the characters. Everyone wears the same color of clothes (white, blue, red and yellow) or just shades of its primary color. I just wonder what's behind the color coding. 

I am not going to post spoilers as not all have seen the film yet. I say, it's still a good Filipino film -- worth watching. But if you are faint-hearted, then this film isn't for you as it may cause you sleepless nights. 





No comments:

Post a Comment