Friday, August 03, 2012

Working Class Hero

I'm supposed to continue processing some death claims/benefits today and do side trip errands when I still can--but I woke up late, so I've decided to just do it next week.

While I was still in bed this morning, I listened to my iPod and the first song played was Green Day - Working Class Hero - a cover of John Lennon's original. Green Day's contribution to cover the song is just awesome. I love it.



Of course, Lennon's original is epic. There are a lot of artists who covered the song, to name a few: Blind Melon, Ozzy Osbourne, Manic Street Preachers and Cyndi Lauper.

The song is one of the best John Lennon songs that most of us can relate- simple yet amazing, just like "Imagine".



Aren't we all a "working class hero" of some sort? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment