Thursday, January 03, 2008

Staying Mindful

I never feel like I'm doing enough, and then BAM!.. it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Last night, before going to work..I was on the phone with a friend, and he was telling me how sometimes he has moments of perfect alignment, of feeling that everything in his life, and everything about him, for that matter, is exactly as it should be.

And i definitely have moments of perfection, of feeling as though a particular moment/hour/day could never be improved upon. I never always feel that way about myself. There is always more to do, to learn, to accomplish. My to-do list is a mile long, in many aspects of my life.

I realized that this keeps me in a state of constant longing that's hard to break out of. I've been thinking a lot about how to shift into a state of doing instead. Not worrying about things that loom over me... but instead I'm learning how to put one foot in front of the other. Sounds like a healthy thought, right? :)

On the other note:
I'm hungry but I don't want to eat, geez, I gain a lot of weight during the holidays. Can you feel my pain? lol. And I am so sleepy. This cold makes me sleepy. I like to go to bed with all my clothes on, and wiggle out of them during the day when I get too hot. I love the cold, but I hate being cold.

Hectril is picking me up from work by 7:30am...and I'm excited to see him. :D

Oh.. please visit my Multiply.

No comments:

Post a Comment