Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Priorities

I had a little talk with a friend who is younger than me, we talked about how her boyfriend questions her priorities. I listened and told her that it's her life she's dealing with as she will. All i did was to dispense advice in which she takes or not. And from that conversation, i came to think about mine.

Aside from my family, these are my priorities:
  1. My health. This is the most important thing of all. Mental or physical, I can't be productive without either.
  2. To love my work more. Having the means to support myself so I am not out living on the streets.
  3. Get a degree. Just because I don't want to do it a certain way doesn't mean I don't want to do it at all. However, I have to live life in such a manner that allows me to take care of myself.
  4. My happiness. Because he keeps me lively and sparkling.
Whoever questions my priorities isn't worth knowing me.


Piece of advice for everyone:
No one else knows what's better for you than you. Don't get caught up in someone else's expectations no matter how much they threaten or bully you. Bullying is just a last resort in a for those who feel like they are losing control. There are kinder and more effective ways to reach someone but just because you want to help a person you care for doesn't mean assuming control of their life and what they want to do. The best way you can aid someone is by listening to them and helping them follow their dreams. If you can't do that, you are simply of no help at all.

If you can't understand this, you are probably not a good person. Who am I to judge? I am me, and I have to live this life, not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment