Friday, December 12, 2008

R.I.P, Bettie Page

I just found out moment ago, that Bettie Page passed away, at the age of 85. She is really a queen of pinup models. I knew about Bettie Page when I was already in high school, when my classmate brought with him a classic magazine which he "showed and tell" in class. That day forward, I became fascinated and interested with her. I used to have Bettie Page stickers on my wall before my parents had it renovated and repainted. My dad even has cards of Bettie Page. I'll try to look for it one of these days so that I can show it to you.

She was totally groundbreaking and her work is so inspirational to many. 50 some years ago she helped kick a wedge under the door marked "fetishy", and showed through her example there was no shame in doing so. Since then it has slowly continued to open ... can't say for certain, but believe the ratio of people seeing her photos has tilted from reacting with the screaming heebie jeebies more towards screaming orgasms, and that can't be bad. She didn't even know at the time the impact she was making on the world. She is a pioneer for so many people in so many different ways.

Watch Bettie Page interview:


The camera really loves her. and i love her bangs! hehe. Look how gorgeous she was.


A true legend. She will be missed.
R.I.P, Bettie Page. (April 22, 1923 - December 11, 2008.)

See more of Bettie Page on YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Page starred in a few mainstream movies too, didn't she?

    ReplyDelete