Saturday, February 14, 2009

Everyday Should Be "Valentine's Day"

Does anyone else feel like Valentine's Day is demeaning?

Not only do single people feel pressured to find a date or a "Valentine" which if they do, it would just end up being completely meaningless and usually someone they:

1. have known for years and know the opposite is in the same boat or
2. have no intentions of seeing that person on any other night than the big Valentine's day. Not to mention the insecurities that come with not having anyone on that specific day because they don't have a bf/gf on that day.

BUT if you do have a boyfriend or girlfriend, its mandatory to buy a gift of some sort or to make or bake something. If you look on YouTube right now, you will see that the majority of the videos are of women baking cakes or posting clips and calling it "How to get a Valentine" or "The way to a man's heart". Huwaaatt! Well, I have a boyfriend, but he's not in the area until March. But it's no big deal if I don't have my boyfriend to spend the Valentine's day with me. Why do we need a "Valentine's Day" to show our love for someone? I say, you should do nice things at random for your loved one, not just because it's Valentine's Day, right? So I think we should love someone everyday and not just that one day out of the year where romance is required. :D

Why do we need a holiday to say "I love you" when you should be doing it all year round? So here's a photo taken in June 2007.

I look like I lack sleep (and ugly) hahaha. Eye bugs galore! Well, yes.. I was not able to sleep because we had our first argument that made me up the whole night and smoked a pack of reds. We reconciled early in the morning and took this photo. Bf edited it, i was naked though. lol.

Alright, Happy Heart's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know you and bf are cool again. :P

    Happy Valentine's Day to you my dear! See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and that was in 2007. we're always cool. we only had 1 serious fight/argument ever since :D

    Happy heart's day too.

    ReplyDelete