Few years back, our uniform was all white - blouse and knee length skirt or 1 1/2 inch above the knee skirt. We looked awesome with that. And now they have changed it, the blouse looks different now, and the skirt has checkers stripes with red, yellow, and green.
Here's what it looks like:
They now impose guidelines that female students should follow. I am not happy with most of the guidelines, but I must obey. LOL.
When wearing the uniform:
- Officially prescribed white blouse with college pin on the left collar. - I'm ok with this.
- Officially prescribed checked (red, yellow and green) skirt. - BOO! hu hu hu!
- Closed black "Cuban" shoes (heel: at least 1.5"). Loafer, boots, pointed and rubber shoes or shoes with straps, including sandals are not allowed. - OK, Cuban shoes is ok with me (there are good and classy Cuban shoes around), but at least they could have allowed pointed shoes! Graaaah!
- Only black or brown shoulder bag and/or handbags are allowed; backpack or sling bag is not allowed. - Of course with a uniform like that, who would wear a backpack and wearing a high heeled shoes. BUT, why won't they allow colored bags? I have more of 'em than black and brown bags!
- Only skin-tone stocking is recommended - OK, though I don't wear stocking, I still find it classy.
- Silver, gold, black, white strapped wrist watch. - No objections at all.
- Dangling, fashion jewelries (earrings, bracelet, necklace, etc) and multiple earring are not allowed. - Uhmm.. OK. though I have multiple ear piercings hehehe.
- Tattoos are not allowed - If I have a tattoo, they wouldn't see it anyway. LOL!
- Hair must be kept tidy. Use only black hairclips or ribbons for the hair. No hair dye is allowed. - Uhmm.. OK.
- No heavy makeup and no dark colored lipstick. Only daytime makeup is allowed. - Fine with me!
- Fingernails must be kept clean and cut to a reasonable length. Only colorless nail polish is allowed. - Colorless is boring!
I'll post some photos soon!