Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Two-Day National Strike Over Gas Price Hike

Whoah! I'm rhymin'!

I hate to be boring and talk about economics because I never liked this subject when I was in college.. but some of you should know that December 12 and 13 has been formally declared a national strike here in the Philippines. that means, the people or public drivers should go on strike. They want the government and oil companies to bring down the prices of gas and other oil products. This is also lame because some of the public drivers are not cooperating. If so, how can they feed their families if they will go on strike for two days?

Just think of it.. it would hit all industries with net losses of over millions of Pesos. And we're not quite sure if the government will step in and control the prices. It-is-not-going-to-happen!!!!!! The government was promised by the oil market for the control in prices and reduction..well, that was long ago but nothing good happened, really.

Not only is the price of gasoline and other oil products are going up but other companies will raise their prices, and it will affect everything. Everything will raise their prices. EVERYTHING! god damnit! Consumers are us, and we pay in the end. Sad, right?

On the other news:
I was sick as f*%k yesterday. And as of lately I've been sick every other day. One day I'll feel sick as sh*t and then the next I'll be fine. But yesterday was the worst of it all. I started throwing up before crawling up to bed at 2 in the afternoon, my sleeping pattern hasn't improved yet. My whole body was achy and weak. I seriously felt like I was going to die. Like seriously. But now I'm at work and I feel better. Still a little woozy but better nonetheless.

Well, hope everyone else out there is doing good. Stay warm and don't get sick tricks!

1 comment:

  1. I hate to say it, but people that go on strike against the gas/oil companies are ridiculously out of their mind. The gas/oil company couldn't care less about people striking. For every one person that participates in the strike, there will be another one person filling up the tank.

    The best thing we as consumers can do is just sit by and wait for the price to come down; it is easy and less time consuming than trying to strike. Let's be frank, we need gas to get around so carrying on in a strike is going to do what!?

    MARCUS LANGFORD

    ReplyDelete