Saturday, May 02, 2009

The Kreutzer Sonata by Tolstoy

I just resigned from work. Bleh. But I'm not gonna stress out about how it went. So...heeeeyyy I finally finished reading the book The Kreutzer Sonata by Tolstoy, it's a novel, and it's a good book to read. As promised, I will tell you a little bit of something about this book. Well... it is funny and depressing at the same time. I was a little bit concerned by the fact that I seem to agree with everything Pozdnyshev, who killed his wife, was talking about in his monologue about how awful love, relationships and sex were.

As you can tell I'm feeling really positive about all that nonsense as of late. There are good texts that I got from the book..they're snippets. And there was also a bit I liked about music, he is talking about how he hates music because "Music makes me forget myself, my true condition, it carries me off into another state of being, one that isn't my own: under the influence of music I have the illusion of feeling things I don't really feel, of understanding things I don't understand, being able to do things I'm not able to do (...) Can it really be allowable for anyone who feels like it to hypnotize another person, or many other persons, and then do what he likes with them? Particularly if the hypnotist is the first unscrupulous individual who happens to come along?"

Hahaha that just made me laugh though I suppose that explains the reason I actually love music. Anyway anyone who is insane about love like me should read this book. =D

Related post: Book Inscription Voyeur

No comments:

Post a Comment