Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Trust and Respect

I just learned today that my guy friend, who is in a relationship with his girlfriend for 8 years broke up with him. I feel even more sad when my guy friend talked to me about what happened. Well, the reason he said is that her girlfriend has been worried, paranoid and lost the trust already. I actually know that my friend has been cheating on her girlfriend, and he told me that their 8 year relationship has become boring already, but he still love her girlfriend. What I just don't get it, he cheated on her girlfriend, got bored with the relationship, and yet he still love her? Because for me, if you really your partner, you wouldn't do anything to hurt him/her, right? There are always two sides to every story, so I don't blame any of them. I just hope that they could still mend the relationship. I was just there when he needed someone to talk to (over a bottle of beer). Since I knew that he was cheating with his girl, I always tell him to at least give a little respect. But who am I to say, I am just a friend.

Trust and respect for me is the most critical elements in a relationship. They are like a currency that no money can buy. So without them, no relationship will last long. Couples must earn that and making their words as their bond. If trust and respect is lost, it is hard to get back, and things won't be the same again. So guard it carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment